View Single Post

Old 12-04-2010, 05:38 PM
US Veteran

Liked 512 Times in 241 Posts

My 10-14, it's in the process of getting "worked" by me, it will be "plugged", and it has a semi-target hammer installed. Also plan to add a Wilson Combat mainspring, extended firing pin, and possibly a Hogue wood grip. I leave most of my Smiths factory bone stock but decided this would be a good one to play with. The Model 10 is possibly my favorite revolver of all time, at least my favorite S&W, but it's a tough claim to make.....I have decided to focus on all of them from the 10 "no dash" to the 10-14 and try to collect as many variations as possible. The M&P's are classic revolvers but I haven't gotten into them yet.....only have a Victory so far from that "era".

This is a thrashed 10-10 that came in from Japan, it was a security or police gun, or some such. I got a re-blued cylinder from an earlier M&P or a 10, I don't know which, and dropped it in to replace a banged up one that was in there. I changed the trigger to an earlier .265 so I could add a trigger shoe, and also added a DAO hammer from an earlier gun. Looks like a pile of dog **** but shoots like a dream, the DA action is super slick. I trimmed a little off the strain screw to get it "just right", I usually don't do this but I don't use this one for carry or HD, it's just more of a "DA training gun" for me.

This 10-5 6" was an old policeman's gun, traded in at a local gun shop a few years back. I have since had to replace all the internals since the last owner left nothing unstoned, filed, or cut on....it now has a semi-target hammer, a set of PC Magnas a T-grip and a trigger shoe.

That's it now in the top right, it's an absolute tack driver with 158 LRN and since the blue is already hurt, from what looks like poor storage in a damp basement by the last owner, I don't feel bad about holster carrying it and shooting it a lot. It's a "group" photo with some stainless Smiths, I'm just too lazy to get up right now and take another picture
The Following 9 Users Like Post: