View Single Post

Old 12-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelwrench View Post
Get the Wilson kit and follow my directions.

Also, I would'nt go bending the sear spring without having a trigger pull gauge also. 38-44HD45 has the leafs right, but if you make it TOO heavy, there is no way to go back.
The rule of thumb for as light as you should go is 1lb on the sear leaf, 1lb on the disconnect leaf. once you go below that your risking doubling or full auto.

If you want to play with a 1911 trigger weight you have got to have a pull gauge.
Actually, you can go back if you go too heavy, but if you bend, rebend, and rebend some more, at some point the spring leaf may cry "Uncle!" and not hold its tension. I appreciate Shovel's mentioning tweaking the disconnector leaf, although I rarely bend a disconnect leaf unless it appears to be screwed up from the factory.

I ABSOLUTELY agree that you need a trigger pull scale when adjusting trigger pulls, and not just with 1911s. I love my Lyman electronic scale.

Yes, left-to-right means the gun's left to right, pointed away from you. I used to teach Human Anatomy and Physiology and Comparative Anatomy, and I never could figure out why some students continued to ask, "the pig's left, or mine?" or "the cat's right, or mine?" Sorry if I was not clear.