View Single Post

Old 12-06-2010, 02:35 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default help with relieving creep?

hi everyone, this is my first thread. i love the site, a lot of useful information. Ive personally done a lot of work to take my sw9ve from what it was to being an awesome gun to shoot, that in my, and many others opinions is better than many high end 9mm pistols. the long list of mods include:
smoothing and polishing all internal contact points(including sear and plastic sear block)
removing pigtail spring and replacing outer sear spring with mechanical pencil spring.
Stretching all springs(except striker) and trimming-trigger return, and both sear springs.
welding up and reshaping the rear portion of the trigger connector to alleviate creep.
installing a trigger stop behind the trigger to alleviate over travel.
"bedding" the front of the slide to the dust cover.
adding a "beavertail to improve grip and contact area.
added a houge grip to improve grip.
All the mods have turned my entry level pistol into a serious competitor, but there is one thing that really bugs me about the trigger and that is how much creep there is still left. I know that reducing the height of the sear portion of the striker will fix this i just don't know how adversely this will affect the striking of the primer. i replaced the striker spring with the wolff one but put the factory one back after one trip to the range. has anyone heard of or does anyone know someone who has done this sear mod and how well did it work for them. if this does work i also plan on increasing the height of my trigger stop to take up the rest of the overtravel. thank you for all your help. p.s. if anyone has any questions about my mods or wants to see any pics email me @ [email protected]