View Single Post

Old 12-11-2010, 11:43 PM
US Veteran

Liked 6,195 Times in 2,575 Posts

da gimp-the air force had the model 10'sbut us army folks had 1911's that must have been Bora War Vets, because they were junk. They rattled so bad that an average VC mortorman could put the first round on you just from the noise comming off of these buckets of bolts. I was fortunate to get an as new model 10 from a civilian,a 4", which went wherever I did, all of the time. There were some bad "accidents" with the 1911's we had, and I just developed an aversion to it, as I did to the m-16. Still couldn't own anything gas impingement, I just would not be able to get past the broken trust issue from a psychological standpoint. I found out just a few years back the last 1911's the Army bought was in 1943! At least for those of us that Viet Nam Vets. No wonder they were tired. When we went to the range a Ft. McClellan, one guy just squeezed by with enough hits to qualify after a whole day on the range. Fortunately only 11C's had to qualify-11B's just had a familiarize requirement. There were all kinds of malfunctions, and they sent us over with that junk. I hope what they have now is better. Amazingflapjack

Last edited by amazingflapjack; 10-11-2016 at 05:29 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: