View Single Post

Old 12-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Banned

Liked 3,242 Times in 1,100 Posts
Thumbs up FA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post
Curtis,

Thats a M-83 .454 Casull with a .45 Colt aux cylinder, six inch, ported, micarta grips. I've had it for ten yrs or so. It gets shot 90% of the time with the Colt cylinder in place. And even when I hunt with it for deer/elk my Casull loads are fairly mild; 325 gr LBT @ 1200 fps.

I've got painful shoulder and elbow issues and RECOIL only worsens the situation.

Also have a M-97 a .44 Special in 4 1/4"...talk about sweet!! Light, normal Freedom Arms accurate, yet FAR easier to pack around all day long.

FA's really do ruin you for other pistols. Now I look at a Ruger SA and get half a headache. Just NOT the same.

I know a poster here who recently snagged a 7.5" M-83 in .454 LNIB for $700 or maybe $600!! Told him to go out and buy a LOTTO ticket as he was possibly on a winning streak.

FN in MT
I thought that was an 83. I saw one similar to yours at Tulsa that also had a Leupold scope with it. I about cried when he told me what he'd take for because I still couldn't justify it given my current economic status.

No one I know of builds a finer revolver, and I hope to have another some day.