View Single Post

Old 12-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts

I have made my own lube and like G4F has said, it can sit around in bullets for a long, long time. That is, if it is good lube!

I wonder if I misstated something or maybe you misunderstood. Soft bullets won't "hurt" your gun. That is, unless they are so soft that they fill the barrel with lead and the pressure goes through the roof.

Personally, and we are talking about a M629 here, I don't think you can hurt it with a lead bullet, hard or soft. Too much powder? Yeah, you can blow the thing apart, just like any other handgun in 44Mag.

As far as sizing and lubing goes, you don't need a $200 sizer to get this done. And if your loads are going to stay in the 1000fps range anyway, all you need to do is use a liquid lube. There is no need to size the bullet.

Rooster lube makes a liquid and so does Lee. There is a website that sells a liquid Xlox, White Label Lube, that works exceptionally well. I am going to use it for some 44Mag rifle loads in a few days as a matter of fact.

If the bullets will chamber as cast, there really isn't a reason that you HAVE to size anything. Just lube, let dry, load and shoot.

FWIW