View Single Post

Old 12-17-2010, 07:57 PM

Liked 284 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alde View Post
I have been working through similar issues with my 4516-1 which is very similar to your 457. I think I have narrowed the problem down to a rough chamber, hood and feed ramp. I have polished it and it seems to have fixed the problem. Here is a picture of what my chamber looked like. There was also a good size burr on the hood.
My chmber was pretty smooth when I got it but, I used a dremel tool with a drum looking soft attachment and put some J-B compound on it and it's glass smooth as is the feed ramp. My slide stop lever is a different story but the tool marks on it that run the length of it shouldn't much matter as long as the center notch is smooth for the guide plunger to ride on and it is...polished that too early on.

Quote:
Failure to feed and sticking under the extractor could be
It's not sticking under the extractor hook, Chuck-it didn't make it under the extractor. It was pushed forward into the chamber without being caught by the extractor.

These pistols are very reliable as my 4506 and 6906 can attest but the 457 and 4566 seem to have a little problem and it's in the same area- FTRTB. I think if I could fix one the other would get the same treatment. It is indeed odd for a similar problem to occur with two different model 45's. One is an alloy frame and the other all steel.