View Single Post

Old 12-21-2010, 09:42 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 7,050 Times in 1,579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCWilson View Post
Good photos, Tom. Now that I see them again, I remember them from before.

I like that little Ladysmith Third Model with the pearl grips.

Come to think of it, I like the blue Ladysmith/Third with the checkered medallion stocks as well.

I am starting a data base of these little guns. Would you be willing to PM me the serial numbers of yours?
Sure thing David, I'll send a PM your way.

I got the nickel Ladysmith in March 2009 via a Gunbroker auction at a really low price, even though there were 18 bids. It's an old renickel that was buffed over hard, but still looks reasonably nice. The forcing cone is intact but the inside of the barrel looks like three inches of bad road. I have yet to shoot it (I have some Colibri Hummingbird ammo that is just primer-powered).

I'm not generally a fan of either nickel or pearl, but still there it is - and the Triple Lock as well.

The blue Ladysmith came from a forum member in January 2010 and while it cost double what the nickel one did, it was still a bargain. It appears all original and aside from a scratch on the left side from the extractor star, is in terrific shape. It really does deserve its own thread and pictures. It seemed to garner the most comments in the "Shrinking 1917" thread. Hey, what's not to love?

I haven't fired it either - so many things on the "to do" list.