Thread: 6906
View Single Post

Old 12-24-2010, 01:26 PM

Liked 105 Times in 41 Posts
Default 6906

Hello. I recently purchased a used 6906 and am having a few problems that I'm wondering if anyone here can advise me on. First of all, when I remove the slide I have a hard time putting it back on. There are three "rails" near the hammer end of the frame. I know I must depress them to allow the slide to go completely to the rear but the smallest of those "rails is hard to depress and allow the slide to go all the way rearward. I have to use a flat screwdiver to depress this "rail". Is this normal? I don't have a problem like this on my 3953 but because this is my first DA/SA Smith I'm wondering if this is the norm. The other problem I'm having is the magazine release button. When the mag is empty the mag release button is very hard to depress. When the mag is fully loaded and inserted into the pistol pushing the mag release button is almost impossible. Once again I have to use a hard object on the button to get it to release the mag. I'm using S&W mags and have even tried putting a drop of oil on the mag release button but that did not solve the probelm. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.