View Single Post

Old 12-25-2010, 06:48 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 1,331 Times in 325 Posts

Hello
All this talk on Pre-30's and Regulation Police model revolver's and No Pictures ? I happen to love the super accurate .32 S&W Long Cartridge and have & have had a few examples of them. Below is my 1925 Regulation Police model revolver that was owned and carried by the Evansville, Indiana Police Chief Harry Anderson back in the late 1920s time span. For some unknown reason they did not stamp the .32 S&W Long caliber Regulation police revolver's with the model name yet they did stamp them "Regulation Police" on the .38 S&W caliber Regulation police revolvers ? The 2" Snub Model Pre-30 shown below shipped in April 1958 wearing it's original stock's and was "a rescue gun" as it was badly corroded and Pitted in blued form when I first got it, but lightly fired and locked up like a Vault, so I felt what a prefect daily carry gun. It was then sent to Ford's custom gun refinishing in Florida and they applied a High Polish Hard chrome finish to it, telling me then that their hard chrome finish would take a good daily carry beating and not show much wear compared to any other finishes they offered. I carried it loyally for about Four years, then gave it to our Daughter as a Nightstand Gun when she got married and moved out of our nest, and it still looks as good as the day it returned from Ford's.. The 3" Model Pre-30 that is blued shown wearing it's original factory issued stock's & finish was shipped in September 1952 and bought at a public gun auction Locally here in Knoxville this past spring for $140.00 out the door including a 10% Buyers Premium and given to my Son in Law the following day to make his Nightstand drawer gun..... The last one is my current daily carry weapon and is a discontinued Model 431 P. D. revolver. it is chambered in the .32 H&R Magnum round and carries nicely being an Air-Weight gun at just 12 ounces. Long live the .32 Caliber handguns, Let's see them .32's Guys, I simly can't see enough of them ! ... Hammerdown

The Following User Likes This Post: