View Single Post

Old 12-26-2010, 01:13 PM

Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
Default Lobo SOB rig w/belt

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but saved the picture to the wrong file.

I ordered this SOB rig from Ray at Lobo Gunleather. It's for a 325 NG. I was using a Mernickle, the same one described in the post above. However, I've lost a lot of range of motion in my right arm and shoulder. I just can't draw from a high rise strong side holster anymore. I still use the Mernickle in cross draw mode on road trips. It's an excellent holster.

The Lobo SOB solves the access problem. I can get to it and make a presentation about as fast as I could with a regular strong side high rise.

There are some problems with the SOB design. There is some concern with back injury if you were to fall directly on it. All things considered I think it's worth the risk; someone else might not.

As far as the holster goes, it's just first class. The first thing I noticed about it was how light it was. With holsters, that's either a very good sign or a sign of real trouble. Since receiving this rig, I've worn it for more than 100 days (meaning 8 hrs or more at a time). It's just as tight now as it was when new. The design is excellent. You will notice that there is no reinforcment around the top. I thought this would make reholstering difficult, but the cut of the leather produces a sort of instant opening funnel. Works like a champ.

The belt has become my favorite. Except for the two days a week I wear a suit, it's what I use. Again, it is very light weight, but perfectly serviceable.

I like the design so well that, after I get my wreched taxes paid for, I'm going to as Ray to build one for a 2" M15.