View Single Post

Old 12-28-2010, 10:47 AM

Liked 33,604 Times in 7,844 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Two ways to post photos.
1. When posting a reply, there’s a “manage attachments” button near the bottom of the page. It allows you to browse your hard drive and attach a copy of the picture file to your post.
or:
2. http://smith-wessonforum.com/forum-office/78728-posting-photos-forum.html

Your Chiefs Special Airweight is from the mid to late 1960’s. The grips sound aftermarket and may have been made in Mexico ( typically stamped with the country of origin on the back). If the grips are what I think they are, they generally sell for around $150 by themselves. FYI, you could put period correct S&W Magna stocks on the gun for around $25.

This model was offered with 2” and 3” barrels, in nickel or blue and with a round or square butt grip frame. The value depends mostly on the condition, but the configuration may come into play. One in nice shape is worth in the neighborhood of $325-$400 around here, a bit more if as new in the box with all the original goodies. Dont forget about your potential grip value. Photos are important!

Frankly, if it came from a dear friend, I would think the sentimental value would far exceed the few hundred dollars you’d get selling it.