View Single Post

Old 12-31-2010, 07:36 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 774 Times in 375 Posts

I know dump1567 was just posting a message he read, and I'm not saying he has tried to mislead anyone. I just want to make that clear to all.

26-

I can't answer you properly without seeing the gun for myself, but I thought the exact same thing when I read that little clip.

It just doesn't sound right to me. More like someone exaggerating a bit out of frustration. I have read many other posts by folks on other forums who have used the BB +P+ load in their S&W's without blowing them up. They just hadn't heard any different, or simply wanted to prove that they can be fired from an N frame even though they are supposed to be too long.

I haven't personally used that load, so I can't say whether or not it would fit one of mine, but I have both P&R, and non P&R 29's, and my non P&R guns will take a slightly longer COAL than the P&R guns will. The posts that I have read that say the round will fit in a 29 all used non recessed 29's. Either way, that would put the nose right at the front edge of the cylinder, and any crimp jump would cause the gun to be tied up for sure.

One other thing- I don't see where the clip says what model of 29 they were fired in. If it was a 329 (which are extremely popular in AK), then crimp jump is a certainty, and even BB warns agains certain loads of theirs being fired in them because of that fact.

Last edited by Gun 4 Fun; 12-31-2010 at 07:38 PM.