View Single Post

Old 01-03-2011, 08:35 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,719 Times in 724 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKmesa View Post
LCF:

The modification to your RM hammer looks an awful lot like the modification this Walsh RM? I have seen photos of several RM's with the hammer modification like yours.

Richard,

That is a great picture of Agent Walsh with his RM. There also appears to be a distinct similarity of his gun with the Utah HP gun that Saxon Pig has pictured several times.

There are at least two explanations of why so many of these guns seem to have this modification. 1)Many users came to the same conclusion that it served their purpose to either modify them or have some gunsmith do it. 2) Many users dropped their gun and broke the spur off the hammer. I would discount the latter possibility because the modifications seem to be concentrated in a particular type of handgun (i.e. one used for defensive purposes) and it is hard to imagine that someone who depended upon their firearm to protect themselves would be that careless..

There are numerous examples of hammer spurs being modified to satisfy the users needs. Here is another LEO owned RM that has a different spur.

Bob

The Following 2 Users Like Post: