View Single Post

Old 01-03-2011, 11:43 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Newbie question about Bodyguard 380's goofy laser.

Help!!

The "iron" sights are great, and the early teething problems I read about this gun with early serial numbers have not presented themselves on this EAFxxxx BG 380.

But wowsers! The laser is nearly unusable! Oh, I can turn it on and off, and it projects a dot OK. But if I want to hit anything with this gun (wife's actually) I have to shut the laser off.

She hates the loooong trigger pull, but it performs as expected in all other areas, no FTE, no FTF, all is well except the laser. I actually REALLY like the gun and wish I had one to carry, when my CCW is finally in hand. It's more concealable than my Kahr PM9 (Parabellum).

I can zero the laser on the BG380 and the laser seems to hold, it's just that the bullet strike seldom is where expected. Could it be that the Slide To Frame fitment is suspect?

When I shoot it using the iron sights, offhand, weaver style grip, aiming carefully, the groups at 5 yards are around 4 inches for a full mag.

BUT, with the laser turned ON, even squeezing more carefully(!), I am hardly on the paper.

The barrel to slide "lock-up" seems acceptable for a close quarters gun, but the slide to frame.....well I just dunno.

Laser also seems to present an eliptical spot rather than a dot, but whatever.... I REALLY can't see that as the problem here.

This is such a great little shooter, once you understand the longish trigger. If you can't hide this dimunitive little piece, you aren't trying. And I love the concept of the included laser, but something seems amiss....

Thanks for any help!!

Last edited by goldwingnut54; 01-04-2011 at 08:41 AM.