View Single Post

Old 01-04-2011, 03:21 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Laser *could* be loose.....

Laser *could* be loose in the frame, I guess.

I am able to aim with the laser AND the iron sights---shot after shot---comparing the two aimpoints. They do in fact, vary somewhat after some shots, but only marginally..at the distances intended with this little weapon. For example, at 7 yards, the two aimpoints might vary by 2". After firing, the next aimpoints might look closer, by visually comparing them, via my crude, seat-of-the-pants analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegee3AT View Post
Two possibilities:

The unlikely one is that the laser is loose in the frame. You should be able to determine this simply by sighting down the iron sights. If the laser moves from shot to shot, maybe it is loose (or maybe your iron sight picture isn't as stable/repeatable as you'd like).

The more likely possibility is when you are shooting with the laser your focus on the red dot is interfering with a smooth, consistent, trigger pull. If that's the issue, then turning on the laser but shooting with the iron sights but allowing the laser to have an increasingly greater "feel" in the aiming - might help develop better technique with the laser.

M.
I'm no master sharpshooter, that's for sure, but if I consistently print saucer sized groups at 7 yards using the sights, but a basketball would be pretty safe against my laser sighted shooting at the same distance/technique, I suspect might be looking at a combination of problems.

I am not new to shooting with iron sights either, but the bulk of my hangunnery has been with 22LR through a well used Ruger Mark 1. Secondary shooting was with my (recently stolen ) Glock 19 or the Taurus 99, (copy of the Beretta 92?) both in 9x19. I've seldom shot in recent years not knowing WHY..... my errant shots went awry.

Laser sighting is new to me, but with repeated dryfire (dummy rounds) practice, I continue to be dumbstruck by how horribly differently the paper prints from what I'd expected, at such close ranges anyhow.

Mystified, but not giving up....