View Single Post

Old 01-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Banned

Liked 196 Times in 85 Posts
Default Are guns really that good of an investment?

I've heard many times that it is a good investment and you cannot go wrong by purchasing a firearm and that you will always get your money back or more. Well, that may be true if you are a gun collector and good at it but for simple guys like me it is not. I seldom purchase a used gun and almost always buy them new, usually when a gun mfg comes out with something new and cool which means I pay top dollar. This normally is a result of reading an artical in one of the gun mags and I get the itch.

Never have any of the guns I bought have increased in value to where if I sold it or traded it in that I made out or come out on top. I always loose money on the deal, you know, buy high and sell low. Good thing I don't run my business like that.

One time though I did make some bucks, well sort of. Just before the elections in 08 I bought an AR in a 308 cal. Right after that you could not buy an AR or ammo anywhere. About 6 months later I sold it for about $150 more then I paid for it.

Anyway, buying guns is a good investment in that you want it and that they are still available and you can always off one within a day or two if you are in a pinch for some cash.
There's no getting around that we got to have them and as many as we can afford.

Not to change the subject but I have a few NIB guns that I've never fired. Some over a few years old. I've not fired them for any reason other than I just haven't yet. Do some of you purposely not fire them to keep the value up? I personally cannot see why a gun would loose value because it has been fired a few times.

Joe