View Single Post

Old 01-06-2011, 04:51 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Stan,
The laser is mounted below the barrel by more distance than the iron sights are mounted above. In order to get the theoretical hole on the target to be were the laser dot is you have to sight the laser in at the specific distance, of your choosing. Any change in distance will place the hole somewhere below or under the red dot. I know you know this but I'm just refreshing your memory. Because the laser is mounted lower than the barrel there is always a slight angle "away from parallel" with the barrel. So the distance you choose is the most accurate distance you will have for the laser sight. I hope this explanation helps. One poster mentioned he places an empty cartridge on the slide and dry fires with a snap-cap. This will improve your concentration and muscle memory while on the laser sights. Try squeezing slowly and find that "breaking point" then concentrate on squeezing up to but short of the breaking point, again concentrate and squeeze for the final discharge. Eventually, the staging of the trigger will be done as you begin to aim and the concentration on sights or laser is just a finishing touch to a good target. So to answer this question; The hole placement should ultimatly resemble the laser aimpoint..... to the same degree that it does the iron sight aimpoint.... given the same technique, no? The answer is yes, but only at one distance, the one you sighted the laser in at. I have shot in competition years ago and have been a law enforcement firearms instructor on and off for over 25 years. If it's any consolation to you, I can shoot a three inch pattern mag after mag at 7 - 10 yards with this gun, when I use the laser at that distance the pattern is about the same. When I use the laser and shoot from the hip, it looks like a shotgun blast. Its all in the aim, concentration, and execution.

Last edited by Copnomore; 01-06-2011 at 05:27 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: