View Single Post

Old 01-09-2011, 12:23 PM

Liked 33 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaMarksman View Post

But as I mentioned, it seems that rugers 10-15+ years ago worked better. It seems in the last 10 years, and probably even more so in the last 7 years, the 10/22's quality and reliability have gone to $h*t. Yet the price has gone up.

-Masta
Agreed. My 10/22 is over 25 years old and I can't ever remember any failure, EVER. Kind of uncommon for any gun at any $$$. My brother got a newer 10/22 a couple of years ago and trigger group housing was plastic (not that plastic is a bad thing) the trigger pull was ******, and the finish was coming off the receiver. It still shot ok, but quality shortcuts appear to have been made over the years, however, I must say that Ruger's customer service is still top notch and they took care of the receiver finish no questions asked.

Also, another thing about reliability. No firearm is 100% reliable, especially the AR platform. We all can spend lots of $$$ on our guns inching them as close to 100% reliability as possible. However, failures WILL happen. This is why soldiers are taught immediate action drills during basic rifle marksmanship. Having the skills to react to failures/malfunctions is far more important and 'real world' practical than that unreachable reliability goal. Having failures while shooting the AR is part of the 'essence' of shooting a military or tactical rifle and dealing with them should be a part of shooting one of these types of rifles. So personally, I don't get upset if I have an occasional FTF, FTE, etc...granted, an out of battery discharge is the exception

I'm very encouraged to hear all of the positive comments about S&W's customer service relative to the 15-22. My 15-22 is my 1st S&W product and all of the positive comments gives me lots of confidence that I'll be taken care of should something fail on the gun.

Last edited by CPTBeaker; 01-09-2011 at 12:38 PM.