View Single Post

Old 01-09-2011, 03:27 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTBeaker View Post
Agreed. My 10/22 is over 25 years old and I can't ever remember any failure, EVER. Kind of uncommon for any gun at any $$$. My brother got a newer 10/22 a couple of years ago and trigger group housing was plastic (not that plastic is a bad thing) the trigger pull was ******, and the finish was coming off the receiver. It still shot ok, but quality shortcuts appear to have been made over the years, however, I must say that Ruger's customer service is still top notch and they took care of the receiver finish no questions asked.

Also, another thing about reliability. No firearm is 100% reliable, especially the AR platform. We all can spend lots of $$$ on our guns inching them as close to 100% reliability as possible. However, failures WILL happen. This is why soldiers are taught immediate action drills during basic rifle marksmanship. Having the skills to react to failures/malfunctions is far more important and 'real world' practical than that unreachable reliability goal. Having failures while shooting the AR is part of the 'essence' of shooting a military or tactical rifle and dealing with them should be a part of shooting one of these types of rifles. So personally, I don't get upset if I have an occasional FTF, FTE, etc...granted, an out of battery discharge is the exception

I'm very encouraged to hear all of the positive comments about S&W's customer service relative to the 15-22. My 15-22 is my 1st S&W product and all of the positive comments gives me lots of confidence that I'll be taken care of should something fail on the gun.

My 10/22's are about 5 years old and don't have plastic trigger groups, so that tells me they've made even more quality cuts since I bought mine. That alone makes me really turned off the 10/22 product all together.

As for reliability, you are right nothing is 100%, though after many thousands of rounds my S&W M&P 15T (223/5.56) has yet to have a single problem, not ONE!

The S&W M&P 15T was my first S&W product, I had no real interest in an S&W product before I purchased the M&P 15T, obviously I knew the name but none of their products interested me. After owning the M&P 15T for ahwile, as soon as I saw that they were releasing the M&P 15-22, I was at Cabelas (2 hours away), 2 hours before they opened the first day they had them for sale!! (Cabela's gets firearms/ammo FIRST when they are available due to their sales volume)

Since I have shot many thousands of rounds in my 15-22 with out a single failure other then the FTF's, which as I mentioned above was ammo related. Failures go with .22lr ammo, especially bulk .22lr ammo! But I just haven't had one yet with my 15-22!

I have been soo impressed with S&W M&P line that I have talked to my wife about the purchase of an M&P Pistol to complete our collection.

On top of all of that, their M&P line is covered under a lifetime guarentee! S&W has been GREAT at handling the claims with the 15-22, paying shipping both ways to have it repaired and they were fast to correct the problem(s).

I can't explain why there were soo many problems with the origional 15-22's before S&W fixed/updated them, but mine has been 100%! Maybe since mine was an early release it was hand built instead of assembly line? I don't know.

-Masta

Last edited by MastaMarksman; 01-09-2011 at 03:31 PM.