View Single Post

Old 01-11-2011, 03:03 PM

Liked 9,184 Times in 3,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&W-M&P9 View Post
So I dont have my CCW yet and I would love to be able to carry. I have been reading about open carry laws in Ohio but there is a lot of contradicting stuff on the net.
Visit Ohioans for Concealed Carry, Open Carry Forum and get all of your questions answered.
  1. In general, you may open carry anywhere where it would be legal to carry concealed. If there are exceptions, I can't think of any off the top of my head.
  2. Do NOT carry in a vehicle. You need a CHL.
  3. Do NOT carry in a flap holster. There's too much ambiguity about whether that's "concealment".
  4. Don't worry about local laws. There AREN'T any local gun laws in Ohio. That was just backed up by the Ohio Supreme Court when it slapped Cleveland down over it's unlawful registration requirement and "assault weapon" ban.
  5. Carry and use a voice recorder in all law enforcement contacts. Ohio is a one party consent state for recording. As long as you're a party to the conversation, you have the right to record. I DON'T open carry and still carry a voice recorder.
If I'm not mistaken, several people are planning open carry events in the near future.