View Single Post

Old 01-11-2011, 07:31 PM

Liked 2,358 Times in 1,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmort666 View Post
It doesn't matter what law enforcement thinks. it's legal, PERIOD. Carry a voice recorder if you're concerned about improper law enforcement contacts.

You've advised the OP to commit a crime by carrying concealed without a CHL. To the best of my knowledge, that violates the terms of service here.
Wow Ouch!

I don't want anyone to break the law, but if the fella is determined to carry a weapon I think he'll end up in the back of a squad car if he displays it. But hey, everyone can make their own decision.

This is common sense folks. While it may be LEGAL for you to run through WalMart with an AK47 in your hands, I guarantee you if you do there will be mass screaming and running, you may find a few people that have CCW's on them because they may bring them out, and I think there will be a swat team waiting outside for you.

While I'd LOVE to carry a weapon in Wisconsin the only time I ever have is while hunting. I carry a .357 on my hip and try ( ) to shoot deer with it. But I sure don't go walking in the restaurant at lunch time with it still on me!

And yes it's legal for you to stand up and shout whatever you would like to, but it would be very ILLEGAL to yell FIRE! in a crowded theater.

So my stance is this: Exposed weapons look good on uniformed people. The public understands that the weapon is part of their job, and they wear it to conduct their job. Police, security, even a hunter.... they all need a weapon handy to do their work. The guy wearing flip flops and Bermuda shorts walking into the bank carrying a semi-auto AR15 is gonna get cuffed and stuffed. That's the way it is. Legal open carry? Only if it doesn't scare and upset people.