View Single Post

Old 01-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 7,201 Times in 3,064 Posts

Old bear, here are a couple more pictures to that gun and another. Here`s the story. 40 years ago when I worked at lockheed there was a older man that became my mentor as a collector. Ura "Duke" Duvall. If he were still alive he would be in his 90s. He was a big time collector. His home was about a 100 miles from the plant. He used to travel on secret projects for the company around the world, but now was stationed where I worked. We got talking guns and he gave me that pistol to soften me up and rent him a room. He would work tons of OT, and go home about every two weekends, get a new satchel of guns to show me when he would return. That gun probley was made in belgum or spain. Duke thought it might had been used as a "boarding pistol" by a pirate as you can see two holes for probley a clip to wear the gun in a sash or belt.
The colt single action was also his and once featured on a "Guns" magazine cover. The clyinder was sawed in two with the back half being converted to .22 lr. A 22 sleeve is in the barrel set back to look like .45 in front and extends through the front part of the clyinder. Dukes brother in law, "al capone " that owned Kings Gun Works in LA converted the gun. Duke used to also work there part time polishing guns for refinish etc.

The Following 3 Users Like Post: