View Single Post

Old 01-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 7,201 Times in 3,064 Posts

Once in southern california, near palmdale where I used to live I did get hasseled. I had been in a accident and broke my leg and was recovering. I lived on the very edge of town and had put on a colt woodsmen and walked out beyound the city limits a mile or two to excercise my leg.
It was bare brushy dessert without a building in sight. I just carried the gun in case of a rattler. I thought I knew the local laws pretty good.
That part of the dessert did have straight trails laid out for future streets or roads that had never happened. A los angles county deputy was driveing down the road and spotted me walking about a quarter mile off the road down one of those trails. He stopped, turned around and come bouncing down the trail to me. Pulled up and explained that sometimes he drove through the dessert to see if any hot cars were out there stripped. He noticed I was packing and said he could haul me to jail for that. I didnt argue although I thought he was wrong. I didnt argue because he had said "I could" not "I will", and I sensed he wasnt going to if I didnt argue the point. I never was a cop, yet I was a guard in a company that was big as a large town and had/have much similar experiance enforceing rules to hot heads that either didnt agree with the rules or thought they didnt exist. 90% of all trouble can be adverted if you know how to handle yourself. You dont argue with a cop even if you think yourself right! Theres always time to argue later if it go`s farther.