View Single Post

Old 01-17-2011, 02:30 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,006 Times in 876 Posts

Hamden: Production facility

High Standards were made at - in order
Hamden, CT Considered the 1st choice to get
East Hartford, CT Still pretty good, especially the earlier ones and not a bad choice
Houston TX : later - current production. I have heard both good and bad - mostly bad. would be a distant third choice for me.

My first upper end target 22 pistol was an East hartford High Standard Citation, it was very nice and shot well but I now have a S&W Mod 41 and I prefer the 41 myself.

With the Military frame (45 grip angle frame) which is used on the Victor, Trophy, Ctiation, and sharpshooter you are best to stay with std velocity ammo and it's recommended that the recoil spring be replaced every 20,000 rounds or so.
The High Standard military frames have been known to develop cracked frames ( especially if hi velocity is used but can also rarely occur with std velocity) thru the rail on the RH side at the right rear corner of the magazine well and once cracked it's a paperweight. There is also the magazine issue mentioned earlier, they need to be tweaked - tuned to the pistol. The mags are also pricey.