View Single Post

Old 01-18-2011, 12:32 AM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JannC View Post
I am so happy I found this forum. The 380 Bodyguard is my first handgun and I bought it for self defense when I run at night. My husband has a Glock 19 9mm and it fires so easy. I can't seem to hit the target with any accuracy with the trigger pull on this gun. I get so frustrated because my husband says I am squeezing the trigger so hard that my hand starts shaking all over the place. I am so worried that I won't even qualify to carry this gun. Any suggestions? I have put roughly 200 rounds through it and have taken it apart and cleaned it twice.
As the previous poster mentioned, use just the last half of the last digit of your index finger. It will feel strange at first...maybe even a little bit painful...but if you dry fire the pistol a few hundred times a night (while watching television or whatever), you will find both that your index finger grows stronger and that the trigger smooths out. I was completely UNimpressed with the trigger at first, but, with practice, I've grown to like it quite a lot. Now, I shoot my BG380 more accurately than any other firearm that I own. By the way, with all of the dry firing, you may want to invest in a pack of snapcaps.

After a few months, if you still hate the BG380, sell it and buy a Kahr P380. My wife loves hers. It's essentially the same size and weight as the BG380, but it has a very easy trigger pull. I recommend the Pearce grip extensions, though, because it could be challenging to get a good grip on the Kahr in an emergency. The grip extensions give the pistol just enough "grabability" to overcome any slickness from sweat or whatever.