View Single Post

Old 01-18-2011, 12:52 AM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Cotton_Hill View Post
I think you might have misunderstood what I meant. I know the ring's have nothing to do with the take down pin. I meant does the raised ring mean you have a new frame,,,,also meaning that the take down pin issue should be fixed as well.
I understood. My answer was unclear. I apologize for that.

The answer still is negative. I have read reports of pistols that have the raised rings experiencing the "flying takedown lever" problem. There does not appear to be an association between the raised rings and the takedown lever problem, except insofar as the later models have both the correction to the takedown lever and the raised rings. In addition, as I mentioned in my previous post, the correction for the takedown lever problem does not appear to be a correction to the frame itself. My pistol still has the original frame, but the takedown lever has been fixed. It so happens, though, that I also had S&W replace the body of the pistol, but the original frame simply was transferred to the new plastic body.

As I mentioned previously, the key is to check the tension on the takedown lever. If you have a heck of a time moving it at first, you have a "fixed" model.