View Single Post

Old 01-18-2011, 01:10 AM

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Daily carry...nope, but I do have a couple of nice Beretta .25s and when I have the rare occasion that my attire precludes carrying anything larger I'll slip one in my pocket...otherwise, I prefer not to carry anything smaller than my trusty model 60.

I know that there are a lot of small, more powerful guns but, since I rarely use these "mouse" guns and they have proven their reliability, I've just never seen the need to purchase anything else for that "rare use" role.

These are nice little hammer fired single action pistols that operate like a mini Browning High Power but with a tip up barrel. It seems they are being replaced with the double action versions that are nice as well but are necessarily a bit larger. I have two of the double action versions in .22 but, since they are rimfire as opposed to center fire (the reason for the .25 ACP in the first place) I prefer to carry the single action "Jetfire". Although my wife has had occasion to carry one of the model 21s (due to being more comfortable using the double action) when she was precluded from carrying anything larger - they also have functioned 100% so far...