View Single Post

Old 01-18-2011, 01:14 AM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kalsem View Post
After you figure out what is "approved" in Kalifornia, maybe you and all the other good gun owners of that state should start calling your represenatives and congress men and women. You want your rights, as we all do. You have got to be active and make your many voices heard. I am on a personal rampage here in Iowa, and we just got the "right to carry" law passed here. I gaurantee the folks representing our state know who I am. Do the reps in your state know you????
We're actually very active in California, we have to be. Many anti-gun bills have been defeated due to the efforts of the NRA, state organizations like CRPA and through the labors of dedicated gun owners on an individual level, you just don't hear about it.
Before the new ammo bill regulating ammunition sales was signed, individual gun owners literally jammed the governors phone line with calls and emails asking him not to sign the bill in to law, and there are currently three lawsuits, one active and two waiting for legal "ripeness," asking the courts to overturn AB 962, the bill regulating ammunition sales.
These lawsuits were all sponsored and funded by the good gun owners of California.

"Do the reps in your state know you????"
They know us, I can guarantee you that, the difference is for the most part they just don't care.

I grow weary of non-Californians criticising good CA. gun owners for not being proactive enough, it's just not factual. Go here and you'll get a small glimpse of active Californians:

2nd Amend. Related Legal & Political Discussion - Calguns.net

I offer this advice to anyone wanting to help California gun owners; we welcome your help and advice, but please be aware of the ongoing fight that California gun owners battle on a daily basis.

This isn't Iowa, it's a huge populous state and gun owners are staggeringly out numbered.

Sorry to smith-wessonforum for the somewhat off topic reply.