View Single Post

Old 01-18-2011, 04:36 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Brand New Gun! S&W 627 Pro...Pictures and partial review

First time posting here...figured this would be a good place to post this

So i just received my Brand spanking new S&W 627 4 inch pro model and all i can say about it is wow. Went to the range a couple of days ago to see how this baby shoots and my first shot was dead center, with the other 7 shots forming an Inch group at 8 yards. Basically every hole was touching. The double action on it is seriously one of the best i have every felt, with that being said the only double actions i have felt are my p226 and my girlfriends fathers colt diamond back. when i was looking for a good revolver to get i was tied between the 686+ and the 627 and what set me over the edge was the fact that the 627 was cut for moon clips for only 100 dollars more, for anyone wondering i payed 755 before shipping.

I fired about 80 rounds of 38 special through it and they seriously felt like i was shooting a very high powered 22 if that's possible. As some people might say it shot like a pussycat. Next came the 357 which were an eye opener for me but felt so good coming out of the 42 oz frame. The gun really didn't flip in hand at all but rather pushed very sharply backwards when they went off. I feel like i could shoot the hardest 357 in it all day and not get tired unlike my lcp which after 50 rounds im ready to go home.

The only negative thing about it that i can tell which should get easier with break in is the cylinder release isn't the easiest thing to push forward and open the cylinder. I think its the retaining pin thing that's spring loaded that holds the ejector rod in place that's stiff.

But the single action on it is insane. when the trigger is where the hammer falls it literally doesn't move at all. I only wish that all guns could have such an amazing stock trigger

My next thing is going to be to get some sort of Holster for it which i need help deciding what i should go with, looking for an IWB call be crazy but i really want to carry this sucker. I posted something early about this and people suggested LOBO gun leather specifically the IWB style. Another Holster maker i found was tucker gun leather which they make "the secret" IWB holster. Both of these seem to not have mouth reinforcement which seems to be a good thing as this is an N frame so i don't want a lot of bulk. Last holster options would be to just put in an order for a Milt sparks "watch six" instead of the versa max 2 as the WS doesn't have the reinforcement stated before.

Please feel free to give me suggestion regarding the holsters as the would be greatly appreciated

Here are a few pictures of the Lovely beast

Another concern of mine is that when i was cleaning the gun i noticed that the crown of the barrel had some sort of i guess u would say burring. Do you thing this is something to be concerned and possibly tell S&W or do u think its fine

The Following User Likes This Post: