View Single Post

Old 01-18-2011, 07:11 PM

Liked 5,242 Times in 2,483 Posts

I apoligize for a little thread drift but I think some of the members who replied can help me. Where can I find instructions on how to tweak High Standard magazine lips? Mine came with only one magazine. It never jammed untill the lips got bent and the gun ran perfect with a magazine I borrowed to verify that my magazine is the problem. I have not found any replacement magazines for sale.

I can't add much that hasn't aready been posted to answer the original question. Before parts for improving Ruger triggers were common, most of the better bullseye shooters I competed against were split about equally between 41s and High Standards. There were lots of competitors who loved one and swore at the other because they had jamming problems with a sample they had owned but more compititors who loved them both.

I've had better reliability with 41s but I think it's more fun shooting .22 bullseye the way most shooters did when the game started. I finished our fall league 2nd expert and 2nd overall out of 26 firing my 617 with iron sights. I think thats not too bad considering It's my 1st season after not shooting bullseye for a few years, I'm over due for new glasses, I fire the slow fire DA and the winner is nudging over the line into master class.

Whoops! I drifted the thread even further off topic. The O.P. didn't ask for a comparison of High Standards and K22s, but the same money will buy either and if you never want to have to step foward when you hear "alabi shooters to the line" ....

Thanks in advance for any help with my magazine.

Gil

Last edited by k22fan; 01-18-2011 at 08:58 PM.