View Single Post

Old 01-18-2011, 08:24 PM

Liked 111 Times in 59 Posts

K-22.............Go over to rimfire central. There is a poster named Jaybar that has some stickies on High Standard tuning and maintainence. Briefly for magazine lip tuning, you need to make a little tool to bend the lips if necessary. Jaybar has instructions for this. You have two sets of lips on your mag. The rearmost are the feed lips. These should have an inside diameter of .185". The upper front lips are the kicker lips. They should be set at .230" inside diameter. These dimensions are the baseline specs for CCI Standard Velocity ammo. If you find your lips are off, bend each side a little at a time. Its important to keep the cartridge centered with the chamber.

Funny how one poster mentioned the 41's somewhat problematic extraction. They tend to kind of kick the brass downward. I like shooting to the right of a 41 guy. You don't get peppered with brass. If the shooter is getting alibis, I don't like it nearly as much. My High Standards fling that brass with authority. If I put one down the neck of your shirt, the gun is working perfectly.........hehehehehehh!