View Single Post

Old 01-18-2011, 11:01 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE=nebmike;135785157]Nice choice! I just got one a couple weeks ago myself. Lovin it so far.

That crown looks jacked up, but I agree, if its shooting good then I wouldnt mess with it. I attached a picture of mine below.

I also attached a pic of some of the accessories I've gotten so far since you were asking about holsters... the pancake is a DeSantis and the IWB is a Galco. I really like them both as far as being comfortable and functional for carry. I'm not crazy about the "looks" of the DeSantis just because its shaped for a full lug barrel and a six shot cylinder - I'm just picky like that.

I'm really diggin the 5 Star speedloaders and the DeSantis Second Six speedloader pouches, and if you dont already have a moonclip tool I highly recommend the one in the pic (mooncliptool.com).

I bought the gun specifically for CCW use and I think it will fill that role well. The only thing I've done to the gun itself so far is the new fixed sights, Hogue grips (which I had to reshape a bit and then refinish -- and I stippled the backstrap a bit just to give some traction to the heel of my hand), and then I changed out the cylinder release cuz I just didnt like the factory one.

Good luck!

QUOTE]

Wow all your stuff looks really nice...now im gonna have to get all that also lol

Got a couple of questions for you regarding the speed loader and holder for it, IWB carry, and your moon clips

I have been looking at the 5 star speed loader and it really seems like it has great quality. But my concern was finding a holder for it, and you mentioned that you use the Second Six speed loader pouches. Does the speed loader fit good inside of it or is it a really tight fight?

Was wonder how comfortable it is for you to carry IWB. Im looking for the thinnest holster possible to mitigate the huge cylinder. Im 5'11" 165 lbs and i carry a Springfield EMP now so the length of the grip really isn't a problem just concerned about the thickness.

Also are you just using the stock s&w moon clips or did you get yours else where. I have WWB loaded in mine now and they are extremely loose, to the point that if you really don't take your time it really slows you down.

BTW thanks for the pictures really shows everything i need to get lol