View Single Post

Old 01-18-2011, 11:25 PM

Liked 191 Times in 40 Posts

Re: Second Six pouches -- I ordered the "29M" model and the 5 Star loaders fit perfectly. You'll see in the picture that there are two screws on the bottom edge of the pouch -- there are four holes, and you'll have to use the two bottom-most holes or they wont close. They're comfortable to carry, and dont leave as much to print in your clothing since half the loader sits behind your belt. The loaders themselves seem to be of very high quality (I've got two and I'll be ordering more). You can also just put a loaded moonclip in these pouches and they work fine -- rather than having a knob to grab (as on the speedloader), you just stick one finger down into the moonclip and lift it out. The spring-metal moonclip holder in the picture also works really well. I plan to make my own out of Kydex sometime soon and I'll put up pictures when I'm done with them.

Re: IWB carry -- the reason I went with the Galco holster is because its designed so that the bulk of the cylinder actually sits above your belt. That way you dont have the belt going over the top of the bulkiest part of the gun and holster. Its actually quite comfortable for me, and I'm even a smaller guy than you (5'11", 145).

Re: Moonclips -- I have the 3 S&W's that came with the gun, and I also ordered 8 additional of unknown brand when I got the moonclip tool. All of them are the same thickness. What causes some ammo to be loose and some not, isnt the clip, its the cartridge case. If you look at the gap in the recessed area just below the rim of the case, you'll see it varies from brand to brand. I've got Winchester, Hornady and Frontier cases that all fit tightly on the clips, and then I've got Double Tap, Remington and Federal cases that all fit quite loosely. I really like the moonclip tool I showed in the pic -- you can load and unload the clips all with the same tool.