View Single Post

Old 01-19-2011, 12:47 AM

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

I recently purchased a SD9 as my first gun. I really agree with earlier comments about trying them out yourself. I can speak to my own reasoning for choosing the SD9.

Every gun smith and shop person I talked to (3, from different stores in my area) all strongly suggested I stay away from the Sigma. I realize that a lot of folks love theirs, but that's what I heard across the board.

I very nearly purchased a M&P compact, I like its overall size, but the grip was too short for my hand. The full sized M&P was too big. This is my only gun atm and I might need (want) to cc it.

Also, money was an issue for me. (or perhaps more accurately, an issue with my wife)

I picked up the SD9 Home Defense Kit. A SD9, a micro 90 light, and a Micro Gun Vault for locking it up in my van on days I head to the range after work. was $460

The SD had the best grip for my hand of all the guns I tried. (I think I shot every rental gun in the range at least once) The only gun that felt better was a Beretta 92, but it is out of my price range.

If I can find a mag that extends the grip like the xd compact has ,I still might trade in my SD for a M&P compact.

I wish there was a crimson tracer laser grip for the sd, too. there's not.

Anyone know of a grip activated ,laser that would work on a SD?