View Single Post

Old 01-19-2011, 04:51 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New member here, so keep in mind that I may be completely wrong, but I am pretty sure that S&W is still following the same EAxxxxx pattern. Therefore, the newest SN that I have heard of is EAFxxxx. My gun is an EAFxxxx and was factory test fired in late December, so I doubt that there are any newer SN out there. Mine has only seen 150rds, but it functioned perfectly. I find myself playing with the gun (unloaded) all the time, so the laser buttons are slowly becoming impossibly hard to press, but I shot an email over to S&W and they are sending me 2 extra buttons to try some modifications on. I just couldn't justify sending a brand new, perfectly functioning gun back because the laser is hard to use. As for the takedown pin, it is a pain, but I definitely prefer that over it flying out. To answer your question; unless you have some immediate need for the BG, then I would wait to get the newer serial number. You may never have a problem with a EAB, but if you ever decide to sell it, I would think the newer gun would bring slightly more.