View Single Post

Old 01-20-2011, 04:05 PM

Liked 512 Times in 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
I've shot -- and currently own -- the full range of S&W 10mm mags -- from the yellow angled followers -- to ES and ES-1s -- as well as MS and MS-1s -- the later of which appear to have been overlooked up to this point.

I've never -- and I stress never -- had any of these mags EVER malfunction in a 1006.

One mag was a little touchy in a 1086 (although still functional and borderline reliable as it just didn't bump fully into battery on the final round) -- but worked fine in a 1006.

The problem there was the mag spring -- not the follower. Once replaced, the spring took care of the 1086 problem.

I consider the first mags just as reliable as the last generation.

All in all, I've probably fired 20,000 rounds of all descriptions through Smith 10s.
While I haven't fired as many rounds in my S&W 10mms as Outrider, what he describes about the 10XX-series followers and the differently-marked steel magazine bodies (ESs; ES-1s; MSs, et al) tracks my experience as well.

All my mags (regardless of the marking on the body) run white followers now, but I've still got some of the 1st Gen yellow ones and wouldn't think twice about using them.