View Single Post

Old 01-21-2011, 01:27 PM

Liked 143 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAye View Post
Ahhhh -- Well, not I
I don't burst through doors for the very same reason there's no light(s) attached to my pistol (or revolver).
I believe that if it comes to it - The ONLY sound the goblin will hear is maybe the safety coming off - Unless I've picked up a revolver........

The deal one makes with the finance co. is that one will make the payments as promised or give up the property.
I have a few friends that do repo work -- They would much rather you hand them the keys and they drive away than have to *steal* the stupid car from you....

Heck -- A deal's a deal

BTW --- VB - I like the way you think
I understand what you're getting at, but that's a completly separate issue. Whatever happens up to that moment is not relevant when you're woken up by a bump in the night. If the repo man doesn't want to draw an armed encounter, then he should probably try to peacefully contact the owner by all means possible before trying a middle of the night snatching. And then, if he does that, he better try anything possible to avoid shooting the homeowner, like raising his hands over his head and yelling out to identify himself immediately.

I keep a rig nearby equipped with flashlight, gun, knife, etc. If I'm woken up, I agree with the OP, I won't just run out the front door, I'll slip out and challenge the intruder from cover. If he puts his hands in the air and identifies himself, he'll do just fine. If he suddenly grabs for something, he'll likely get shot. My justification is he was on my property after dark univited, I gave him the chance by challenging him, he went for what I thought was a weapon.