View Single Post

Old 01-21-2011, 02:15 PM

Liked 6,937 Times in 3,308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41 fan View Post
Bitstream,

Your repsonse sounds like an excellent way to incur large attorney fees.
Remember, you would probably have to defend yourself from criminal charges and civil charges. I don't know for sure, but I doubt if the castle doctrine applies to your yard. I would think that if you saw someone in your yard, you would be better off remaining inside your dwelling and calling 911.
I was in the repo business many years ago, so I do have some knowledge of that business. The repo is not a surprise to the customer. The finance company tries to contact the customer to resolve the matter before they have to repo the car. Ford Motor Credit would send a series of letters to the customer advising of the repo. Also, who knows better than the customer that payments are past due. The finance company never wants to repo a vehicle. They are in the finance business, not retail auto business. I never repoed any vehicle that was worth what was owed on it. Dean
911?!?!
Im not sure what your situation is like. Hopefully better than my experience with it.
no call to emergency services has ever resulted in a response time under 35 minutes. FD was quicker than the Sheriff hands down.
in those cases of my old neighborhood, the longer wait for law enforcement was never worth the trouble. Ive yet to hear of any situation being resolved by a 911 call in that area. Paused and postponed do not count as resolution.
If that looks like the hand your dealt, you have to embrace the fact that your on your own and God willing, in case of fire or other non law enforcement issues out there, ya have a strong core of neighbors willing to bring backs buckets and shovels.
I rather miss most of my old people ... they really knew the score.