View Single Post

Old 01-21-2011, 02:54 PM

Liked 143 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41 fan View Post
Bitstream,

Your repsonse sounds like an excellent way to incur large attorney fees.
Remember, you would probably have to defend yourself from criminal charges and civil charges. I don't know for sure, but I doubt if the castle doctrine applies to your yard. I would think that if you saw someone in your yard, you would be better off remaining inside your dwelling and calling 911.
I was in the repo business many years ago, so I do have some knowledge of that business. The repo is not a surprise to the customer. The finance company tries to contact the customer to resolve the matter before they have to repo the car. Ford Motor Credit would send a series of letters to the customer advising of the repo. Also, who knows better than the customer that payments are past due. The finance company never wants to repo a vehicle. They are in the finance business, not retail auto business. I never repoed any vehicle that was worth what was owed on it. Dean
1) I didn't say I was just going to start shooting. I said I'd slip out and challenge them from a cover position. I'm pretty sure I have the right to challenge an intruder in my yard in the middle of the night. If they don't go grabbing for anything, then we'll all be just fine and safe while we wait for the police to arrive.
2) I guess the person might have an idea that their car is under threat of repo, but some of us don't wake up in the middle of the night and run down a list of good reasons somebody is creeping around in our yard. Besides, just because you might expect a repo man, doesn't mean the intruder actually IS a repo man and not somebody sneaking around to break in your house and harm you and your family. I'd rather find out their story from a position of strength.