View Single Post

Old 01-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 7,201 Times in 3,064 Posts

This one took place 45 years ago, but I still get a kick out of it! I was liveing in north hollywood california. I had a old friend that came to my house that was badly beaten up and a sight! How he got beat up was a almost unbeliveable story in this day and age, as he claimed some burbank cops beat him and left him laying. He could be a mouthy drunk, so I think I pretty well knew how it went. Anyway he was liveing with a brother that had a position with warner brother studios, kind of high up. "Carl" had just flown his personal airplane in from back east, was looking for a job with no car etc. We had somehow become friends and did a little flying together. He wanted to stay with me untill he healed up as he was for some reason ashamed for his high powered brother to see him all black and blue.
Somehow his brother did find out he was staying with me. He came over and talked with carl a few minutes, then said follow me out to the car, I have a stack of mail for you, and they went out together. Carl didnt have a shirt on and with his face looking like hamburger looked baaad!
Soon I hear someone swearing at someone and here comes carl running in the house with my neighbor hot on his heels a few feet behind carl. The neighbor is only wearing underwear shorts and screaming, I am gonna kill ya! The neighbor could have done it too, as he was a rough stunt man in the movie industry! He chased carl right into my house and I had to get in between the two. Come to find out carl had his head down reading his mail, went into the neighbors house that looked identical to mine. (It was two cheap rentals on the same lot). Carl later told me the neighbor and his wife were "getting it on" when he walked in!