View Single Post

Old 01-22-2011, 05:38 PM

Liked 143 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburg View Post
Time for my repo story:

They let the scoundrel go with a warning to never be seen again by them. Then the cop nicely told me it wasn't OK to shoot car thieves, even if they did deserve it. It was maybe 6:00 PM, broad daylight.

I asked what would have happened if he'd gotten away with my truck. The answer was classic. I'd have never seen it again. It had high demand parts, it would have gone to a wrecking yard, impound lot. When they discovered a mistake, it would be too risky and embarrassing to return it. It would have submerged.

See, this is about what I was getting at. If you do the "right" thing like a good little citizen and sit inside at the window and wait for the cops to show up, good luck at what happens next. rburg would have lost his truck. Yes, you are right, it's just property and a life is more important, but if we just sit there waiting for the police, then we might as well just give all our hard earned stuff away to whatever lowlife demands it. What purpose is working hard and earning things? We just keep giving thieves everything because we're too worried about their rights.