View Single Post

Old 01-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 7,201 Times in 3,064 Posts

venomballistics: Carl was a world war two vet probley 20 years older than me. If still alive I suppose he would be over 90 years old. Its a small world. I met carl in a bar back in 1965 or 1966. Some people were telling flying storys and I was takeing lessons. At the time carl looked like a well, kinda like a bum. Hadnt shaved in a week or so. He said if you drive me to the airport we will go flying, I dont own a car, just flew in from indianna. I am here looking for work. I took him up on it and we became friends. Later he told me he had worked in wisconsin at wawatosa airport as a chief instructor pilot and crop duster etc. Then I got to wondering. I had my first plane ride at that airport in that time frame when I was about 11 or 12 years old. The pilot I had recalled looked something like carl but a lot younger. Later I took a vacation home to wisconsin and found a picture my mother had taken of me, my sister and carl standing together in front of a old stinson! Whats the odds of that!