View Single Post

Old 01-23-2011, 08:39 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,104 Times in 550 Posts
Default '92 Cavalier

Wow, ridewv...., really? ------"Actually you do have an idea what you're getting when buying a new vehicle. Just educate yourself what vehicles have an excellent, or at least good, reliability record. Going back to your Bronco II era, one could have chosen between say a Chevy Cavalier or Honda Accord. It was apparent then to anyone who researched this choice that the Cavalier would be *far* more problematic. Take Ford for instance. Some of their drivetrain combinations are quite reliable while others are not, in the same vehicle. This information is readily available. It's up to "you" to decide what's important and purchase accordingly."----Sounds good, but my '92 Cavalier has 209,000 miles on it and starts every time in -20 degree temps in Alaska. It also looks great. I have about $2k invested with purchase price, brakes, shocks, struts, tires, stereo, speakers, and the little 2-door bright red cavalier knocks down in the neighborhood of 34 Miles per gallon. Once a year for the last 6 years it gets a power-wash under the hood and you could practically eat of the engine(2.2Litre) now in January. Maybe I just got lucky.........Sprefix