View Single Post

Old 01-25-2011, 11:36 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAye View Post
Worse piece of junk I've ever owned was a BRAND NEW Bronco II.
Ford couldn't even get parts for it and when they finally did the problem was the same. I owned that thing for a year and had it for 2 months - Ford had it for 10.

No more new cars or trucks for me.
I prefer 2 year or even 3 years old vehicles - The BIG depreciation is over with.
It's an even better deal now - now that you can get a Car Fax - any probs with a 2 or 3 year old truck will most likely have been handled by a dealer and reported.

BINGO, give the man a cigar.

Just got my new to me 4x4 2005 Chev. Silverado with 32,000 one owner miles extend cab. $16,000 out the door. From a dealer.

Wife and I try to buy 2 or 3 year old cars and trucks and we try to get them from someone that had a lease cause these have to be kept up on maintenece or the lessee has to pay a fee. And the dealer does the maint. Best deals out there cause most have a milage limit like 12,000 miles per year if you go over you have to pay a fee.

My last 4 trucks have all been chev. I still have my old one it's got 192,000 miles and runs like a top. It's a 4x4 ex. cab Silverado also. Paid $17,000 in 2001 for it. I would not take
$ 5,000 for it now.

Keep Deadeye's statement in mind. Good Luck.