View Single Post

Old 01-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Banned

Liked 197 Times in 52 Posts
Default UPDATE..... GUN FOUND......

ok guys heres the update, i went to the polcie equipment room at the main station and found they still had the huge old 3x5 index card box with the model 27-2 department records in it, although all out of order.

after approx 2 hours of looking i FOUND MY CARD..my 27's number was 284, shows it was turned in by me in 1992 and sold to assistant chief, after a little more footwork i was able to call the retired assistant chief and found he did buy the gun AND still has it.

after telling him i was desp. looking for the gun to pass on to my son as i had carried it for years with the department, first he said " well, send me a letter with all your contact info on it, ill tell my wife and put it with the gun when something happens to me it will be there " then he said "if you can find me another 357 i just keep it in the night stand anyway im in my 80's ill trade you so you can get it back as there's no attachment for it too me".

fast as i could i located him a 4in s&w 65 in stainless steel and called him back, he now said " well i don't want you to be out anything, just send me your information in the mail ill put it with the gun".

the info for my contact as well as the letter stating it was issued to me for years and why i want it back along with a copy of the departments issue card showing this was sent out yesterday, ill wait and see if he calls after reading it till then i just have to wait.....least i know shes not left town and scattered all over the u.s. like the others....no updates till i get a word thanks guys....
The Following 12 Users Like Post: