View Single Post

Old 01-25-2011, 02:39 PM

Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts

Thanks for your feedback, this is really the information I was looking for. The reason I was ever so slighly worried is I sold my auto's (hk usp45 and glock 17) and decided I wanted nothing but Smith and Wesson revolvers and one carry auto (walther PPS). So now I depend on my revolvers for any posible need that materializes. I also just purchased a full reloading set and the supplies to make about 8,000 38/357 rounds, so Im really locked into this set up.

I totaly understand the comment about the decreased weight transfering recoil to other components, however I cant really imagine what components would be affected but it does seem like a vailid posibilty.

Thanks I do feel more confident in my choices. Im really glad I made the switch back to revolvers, Im a much better shot with my wheel guns and I feel more confident carrying them. I did have to keep my walther PPS the slimness and power of 9rounds of 9mm plus p is pretty hard to let go of.

PS: Hey Colt saa, I noticed you have my favorite the 327pc in your second photo with some rubber grips. I love wood grips but I tend to have a sore webbing if I do my speed drill of two reloads with 24 rounds total with 357. I was about to buy some hogue bantams with a top finger grove to see if I could negate some recoil do you think this is a good idea? How are those rubbers in comparison? do you think some bantams would tame recoil over the factory cocobolo or would rubber be better? I do IWB my 327pc so do your rubber grips stick and are they harder to pull out quickly?

Last edited by dan-g; 01-25-2011 at 03:20 PM.