View Single Post

Old 01-25-2011, 11:52 PM

Liked 7,409 Times in 2,221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65kaiser View Post
"(There is no 5.5) 5.7 "

There is a 5.5 liter vortec engine.
But could you get one in a 1998 GMC pick-up? They were 5.7L V8 and one of GM's best ever. I've owned several and still have a 3/4s of a 5.7L, a 4.3L in a GMC Safari van. I've also owned the 5.3L that GM went to in 2000. I prefer the 5.7 and I got a little better mpg with it. Didn't have the driveshaft clunk in the older ones either.

$6k ain't too bad. That is a sharp truck, Victory red is my favorite, I call it resale red because it's an easy color to sell when the time comes. I owned a 1994 GMC back in 95. It was the first pick up I'd ever seen with factory leather. great soft ride. I'm not a fan of a one piece bed cover but that is a nice one. Appears to be the spray on bed liner. I prefer that compared to a drop in. Looks like deep tread on tires.

Now is the best time to be a buyer so drive a hard bargain. In a few weeks the tax checks start coming in and then spring makes things take off. If gas goes to $4.00 it turns into a $4000 truck or close, but if go juice goes down truck goes up. Have fun, buy a red pick up!