View Single Post

Old 01-29-2011, 11:26 AM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

I am dreadfully sorry for the condition in which some of the PC627 UDR's were received by my forum friends. I had the opportunity to pre-fondle my examples before my store purchase. Sadly, both the first in 4/10 and the second in 10/10 came with gap-bearing Eagle grips. Everyone they got was like that - but my glee over finding a 'Blood Work' gun at an affordable price blinded me. Gluttony took over for the second purchase, enabled by the sale of an old 'friend'. Actually, I wanted the 327NG - as a home guard - but it wouldn't take moonclips. The second PC627 UDR was literally a few dollars more - a no-brainer. They tie for near perfection, QC-wise - save those Eagle grips.

Well, I finally played S&W/FEDEX Ground tag correctly - and got a properly fitting set of OEM Eagle boots. One day at the range and off they came - back on with the rounded non-fg Ahrends cocobolo - great! The other one still had the Ahrends cocobolo retro targets - great, if a bit large - and my 4" 629 missed them. I ordered the PC Shop N-frame grips, #414170000 ($50 + s/t + s/h). They arrived yesterday... WOW!

When you get your PC627 UDR 'right', consider those grips to 'dress it up' properly - and comfortably. Even my wife, who hates checkering, likes them - her only complaint being her finers were a bit small for the fg's. Can't please everyone.

Stainz

Last edited by Stainz; 01-29-2011 at 03:15 PM.