View Single Post

Old 01-29-2011, 05:39 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveybronx View Post
After nearly 150-200 rds the gun failed to lock open when unloaded. the range master would have field stripped but cannot pull slide back far enough to lock slide and thefore field strip this firearm. Customer service is closed Saturday but i see a return for repair in my near future. Upsetting because I really love this gun. The fact that I have a glock that has never failed and I have only owned the bodyguard one week makes me wonder if this will be a gun i can trust the safety of my family to or i will go back to Glock 19 as my CCW.
This happened to me yesterday, too. After the pistol's initial 150 rounds, as well.

It is the retaining screw for the laser unit. It has backed out and is not allowing the front of the slide to pass it on its way to the rear. With some effort, I was able to remove the slide myself.

There is a spot where the take-down pin will still turn down even without the slide being locked to the rear. You just have to play with pulling the slide back while simultaneously putting a little pressure down on the take-down pin until it drops down. Then you can pull it out and remove the slide assembly. Dollars-to-donuts, your laser screw has become fully unscrewed like mine was.

I'm thinking some blue Loc-Tite may be in order, but I'm also reluctant to do so since the allen-head is so small and doesn't offer much purchase. Ultimately, I may just yank the laser unit, altogether. But, that would kinda defeat some of the appeal of this little gun, which I really do want to like.

In any event, keep carrying your Glock as your primary. Even in perfect working order, the Bodyguard 380 is still nothing more than a back-up gun, in my book.

Good luck.

Scott